About National Cremation Clearwater, FL
National Cremation Clearwater, FL
4945 East Bay Drive
Clearwater, FL 33764
Founded in 1973 in Pinellas County, National Cremation Society is the oldest and largest cremation company in the nation. They continue to keep up with the times by compassionately supporting both traditional and contemporary funeral arrangements. To suit more conventional observances, they offer full service visitations, burials, and religious and non-religious services in their onsite chapel. With a crematory also onsite, they specialize in cremation plans and celebration of life services. As advocates of pre-planning, National Cremation Society provides the opportunity for individuals to make provisions for these final plans, thereby alleviating the financial and emotional burden arrangements typically impose on families
It is rare for a company to become such an integral part in the lives of the families it supports.
“What we’ve actually done is build relationships over these forty years,” said Don Politano, Service Manager and Funeral Director for National Cremation Society. “Establishing that mutual trust with the local hospitals, caregivers, community leaders, merchants, and neighbors is essential when you are helping people make time of need or pre-arranged plans.” When families meet with the professionals at National Cremation Society, they have just lost a loved one or wish to make their final plans in advance. National Cremation Society has forged singular bonds with these families, as these are emotional experiences characterized by a unique vulnerability. A connection is created unlike those established between most customers and service providers.
Today, with offices across the United States, the National Cremation Society has served over 190,000 families at time of loss. Over 450,000 families have consulted with them to facilitate pre-arranged services. The organization’s sole purpose is to offer families traditional and alternative choices; at a cost much less than local funeral homes. As part of the family of firms owned by Service Corporation International, the largest provider of death care services in America, National Cremation Society is also a member of this vast network of over 1800 affiliates across America and Canada. Each one is available to support families in need and those interested in pre-planning.
For more information about their services, call (727) 536-0494.
Don is originally from the Five Town in Long Island, NY. He began his career as a Funeral Director in 1991, and became licensed as a Funeral Director in New York in 1995. He moved down to Florida in 2003, and immediately secured his Florida Funeral Director’s license. Don lives in Palm Harbor with his wife Adriana and two children, Laura and Dominic.
Licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer
Born and raised in Wisconsin, Lisa began her career in Funeral Service in 1988, having earned her Wisconsin Funeral Director/Embalmer License, her National Board accredidation and her C.F.S.P. status in 1991. In 1992 she was asked to come join the Moss Feaster Funeral Home staff in Clearwater, Florida and subsequently transferred to their the National Cremation Society Funeral Home in Largo, Florida. Lisa has proudly served S.C.I. and the Tampa Bay area since 1992 and is blessed to be part of the National Cremation Society Staff.
Licensed Funeral Director
Dena L Manis is a one of our Funeral Directors who is originally from Oklahoma. She currently holds licenses in both Florida and Oklahoma.
Dena grew up in Poteau, OK and moved to Florida in 1996. She holds a BS in Mortuary Science, MEd in Gerontology and a MBA.
Dena is an avid Oklahoma Sooner sports fan and enjoys spending time with her family, friends, and dog, Tigger. Her true passion is working in the funeral industry where she has over 28 years of experience. Dena enjoys having the opportunity to assist families in their time of need.
Operations Office Manager
Susan has been with National Cremation Society for 18 years. Originally from Long Island, NY she moved to Florida in the late ‘80’s. Susan started her tenure with NCS as the Admin Assistant to the Florida Sales Manager and has worked for the last several years on the operational side of the business. Compassion and commitment to serving our families in the utmost manner are Susan’s top priority. She has been married to Dennis for 25 years and is an avid cat lover.
Robin is originally from Norway, Maine she moved to Florida in 2003 and currently has been with NCS for 11 years. Robin started as receptionist and is now Office Manager dealing primarily with the Pre-Need operation. She enjoys working at the Clearwater location assisting families in a time of need.
I’m a true Floridian, having been born and raised in fascinating Florida. I joined National Cremation Society in April 2011, I truly enjoy working for National Cremation Society and being able to assist our families in their time of need.
To contact one of our team members please call the Hudson office at (727) 536-0494 or fill out the contact form to the right. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474.
Cremation arrangements available at time of loss (no membership required)
Our cremation services include:
- Basic services of the funeral director and staff
- Transfer of the body from place of death to our licensed climate controlled care center
- Use of positive identification system (a step by step procedure is followed when the body is transferred and the cremation is completed)
- Transfer to the crematory facility
- The actual process of cremation
- Alternative cremation container
- Delivering or mailing of cremated remains
- Filing of all necessary paperwork: Cremation Permit, Certified Death Certificates, Social Security, Veterans Burial Benefits (if applicable) and help in creating and submitting an obituary (if applicable)
- Viewings, services and celebrations of life may also be selected at the time of death arrangement
Unique Urns for all types of memorialization
- In Ground Burial
- Columbarium Niche Inurnment
- Scattering Ceremonies
- Cherished Home display
Keepsake Urns and Jewelry
- Products designed to create a symbolic remembrance of your loved one. These items can hold a small portion of cremated remains, or just be a cherished keepsake. Personalized engraving options available.
- Plan now to protect your loved ones later. Grant your family and dearest friends the time to grieve your loss and celebrate your life…instead of dealing with confusing choices during a painful time.
- Save your family hidden charges. Your services are all arranged and paid for upfront and the cost is guaranteed. Why pay much more later when you can lock in today’s price?
- Your pre-paid plan is protected. Your monies are placed into a state-required trust fund, held and invested for future need, in accordance with the state law. The National Cremation Society files trust fund reports with each state in which we do business.
For more information about our services, please contact the Clearwater office at (727) 536-0494 or fill out the contact form to the right. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474.
Assistance in Veterans Benefits and Florida National Cemeteries
National Cremation Society can assist with Veterans Benefits and also help coordinate funeral services at any available Veterans Cemetery in the United States.
Veteran services include
- Applying for the United States Flag
- Applying for the Presidential Memorial Certificate
- Applying for burial benefits
- Scheduling burial at Bay Pines VA Cemetery, Florida National Cemetery, or any available VA Cemetery in the United States (For Veteran or Spouse)
- Scheduling military honors
Bay Pines National Cemetery
10,000 Bay Pines Boulevard
St. Petersburg, FL 33708
Florida National Cemetery at Bushnell
6502 SW 102nd Avenue,
Bushnell, FL 33513
For more information on planning a veteran cremation, please call the Clearwater office at (727) 536-0494 or fill out the contact form to the right. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474.
What do I do when a death occurs?
- A call to National Cremation and Burial Society (727) 536-0494 is all that is needed to start the complete process, from anywhere in the world.
- We dispatch our professionally trained and compassionate personnel to transport the deceased from place of death to our licensed climate controlled care center.
- Families are contacted as quickly as possible after a death and information is gathered to initiate and coordinate the cremation.
- Cremation permit, disposition permit and family cremation authorizations must be completed according to Florida State Law before cremation can take place. These documents are usually completed in 2-3 business days.
- Once our staff has received the necessary authorizations and documents have been properly signed, the cremation will take place
- The cremated remains will be delivered to our office and transferred into the urn or keepsakes selected by the family. The funeral director will discuss with the family a time to release the urn. If shipping or delivery is requested, allow 1- 2 additional days.
If preferred we can complete all necessary paperwork via phone or email. In certain circumstances it may be necessary to meet with the funeral director at the office or at your home, to accommodate specific wishes.
Helpful Links and Forms
Please remember that if you haven't found what you're looking for in our resources section, National Cremation Society is just a phone call away 24/7. Contact the Clearwater office at (727) 536-0494 or fill out the contact form to the right. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474..
National Cremation Society Clearwater Testimonials
Since 1973, National Cremation has been helping families by providing simple and affordable cremation services. Below are a few testimonials from families who worked with our Clearwater office.
"Thank you so much for your help and guidance regarding my sister. You will never know how much your kindness meant to us all."
"On behalf of my family and I, we want to thank you for your kindness. Thank you for letting us be at the chapel. It was an honor."
"Thank you for helping our family with dad’s arrangements. You and your staff were so nice! We really appreciate everything."
"Thank you for making this so painless. I appreciate your help and it has been my pleasure to work with you."