Online Direct Cremation Services
Our affordable plans have helped 100,000’s of Americans during one of life’s most challenging moments. We are proud to serve in Illinois and to offer our families options to pre arrange with us. Illinois residents can now make arrangements from the privacy of their home. Our simple 4 step process makes it easy to plan ahead. If at any point you have questions or would like to speak with one of our licensed funeral directors, just call our local office. We are here to help.
- Make arrangements on your schedule, at your convenience
- Affordable all-inclusive packages, no hidden fees
- 30 day money back guarantee
We have served families for over 40 years, we are here to serve future generations.
Take a Virtual Tour of Our Office
Use your mouse to click the arrows in the photo below to move around our office.
About National Cremation Service Niles, IL
National Cremation Service Niles, IL
5942 W. Touhy Avenue
Niles, IL 60714
Fax: (847) 588-2746
National Cremation is one of the oldest and largest providers of affordable cremation services in the nation. Our mission is to create new and innovative ways for families and individuals to tell their stories, honor people, and preserve memories. We appreciate the opportunity to guide and assist families during a difficult time. Because we understand the challenges associated with the death of a loved one, we have simplified our process to allow you to make cremation arrangements that fit your needs. Choose National Cremation, and hand the responsibility for final arrangements over to us. We handle the cremation, associated paperwork, and transportation with the utmost respect and care. Let us take care of these arrangements so you can take care of your family.
National Cremation Service Chicago is now serving Chicagoland and surrounding communities.
- Arrangements available at time of loss
- No membership required
- Advanced planning
- Veterans assistance
- Cost effective
- Professional, compassionate, and knowledgeable staff
National Cremation is your choice for a simple, affordable cremation by a trusted and experienced cremation provider. You can count on our dedication to the highest of standards and professional service to ensure each individual is treated with dignity and respect in all phases of the cremation process. Because this is our mission, you can rest assured that we adhere to a strict code of practice to meet or exceed all applicable state laws. Whether you have an immediate need at the time of death or are preplanning cremation for a future need, our caring team is available right now to answer your questions.
Our office works with the Glenview Lions Club and Niles Chamber of Commerce & Industry, and serves all Illinois counties.
From the Northwest Suburbs: Take Northwest Highway South to Touhy Avenue. Turn Left (East) on Touhy Avenue. National Cremation Service is approximately 3 miles down on the left hand side (North side) of Touhy Avenue.
From the Southwest Suburbs: Take I-294 North and exit at Touhy Avenue East. National Cremation Service is approximately 5.5 miles down on the left hand side (North side) of Touhy Avenue.
From the South (Chicago and the South Suburbs): Take I-90/94 West (Toward Milwaukee). Continue on I-94 (Toward Milwaukee) at the Split. Exit at Touhy Avenue West. National Cremation Service is approximately 1.3 miles down on the right hand side (North side) of Touhy Avenue, just past Lehigh Avenue.
From the North Suburbs: Take I-94 East (Toward Chicago). Exit at Touhy Avenue West. National Cremation Service is approximately 1.3 miles down on the right hand side (North side) of Touhy Avenue, just past Lehigh Avenue.
Service Manager & Funeral Director
Patrick Griffin graduated from Worsham College of Mortuary Science in 1993. He has worked as a licensed funeral director/embalmer in the Chicago area since 1995 with previous schooling at University of Illinois and Moraine Valley Community College.
Cremation arrangements available at time of loss (no membership required)
Our cremation services include:
- Basic services of the funeral director and staff
- Transfer of the body from place of death to our licensed climate controlled care center
- Use of positive identification system (a step by step procedure is followed when the body is transferred and the cremation is completed)
- Transfer to the crematory facility
- The actual process of cremation
- Alternative cremation container
- Delivering or mailing of cremated remains
- Filing of all necessary paperwork: Cremation Permit, Certified Death Certificates, Social Security and Veterans Burial Benefits (if applicable).
- 1 year access to Compassion Helpline for all immediate family members
Unique Urns for all types of memorialization
- In Ground Burial
- Columbarium Niche Inurnment
- Scattering Ceremonies
- Cherished Home display
Keepsake Urns and Jewelry
- Products designed to create a symbolic remembrance of your loved one. These items can hold a small portion of cremated remains, or just be a cherished keepsake. Personalized engraving options available.
- Plan now to protect your loved ones later. Grant your family and dearest friends the time to grieve your loss and celebrate your life…instead of dealing with confusing choices during a painful time.
- Save your family hidden charges. Your services are all arranged and paid for upfront and the cost is guaranteed. Why pay much more later when you can lock in today’s price?
- Your pre-paid plan is protected. Your monies are placed into a state-required trust fund, held and invested for future need, in accordance with the state law. The National Cremation Society files trust fund reports with each state in which we do business.
For more information about our services, please contact the Niles office at (847) 588-2743 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474..
Assistance in Veterans Benefits and National Cemeteries
Assistance in Veterans Benefits and National Cemeteries
Veteran services include
- Applying for the United States Flag
- Applying for the Presidential Memorial Certificate
- Applying for burial benefits
- Scheduling burial at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery (For Veteran or Spouse)
- Scheduling military honors at Abraham Lincoln or a private cemetery
National Cremation Service will work with all VA Cemeteries to ship cremated remains for burial.
For more information on planning a veteran cremation, please call the Niles office at (847) 588-2743 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474..
What do I do when a death occurs?
- A call to National Cremation Service (847) 588-2743 is all that is needed to start the process, from anywhere in the world.
- We dispatch our professionally trained and compassionate personnel to transport the deceased from place of death to our licensed climate controlled care center.
- Families are contacted as quickly as possible after a death and information is gathered to initiate and coordinate the cremation.
- Death Certificate, cremation permit, disposition permit, and family cremation authorizations must be completed according to Illinois State Law before cremation can take place. These documents are usually completed within 3-5 business days.
- Once our staff has received the necessary authorizations and documents have been properly signed, the cremation will take place
- The cremated remains will be delivered to our office and transferred into the urn or keepsakes selected by the family. The funeral director will discuss with the family a time to release the urn. If shipping or delivery is requested, allow 1- 2 additional days.
If preferred we can complete all necessary paperwork via phone or email. In certain circumstances it may be necessary to meet with the funeral director at the office or at your home, to accommodate specific wishes.
Helpful Documents and Forms
Please remember that if you haven’t found what you’re looking for in our resources section, National Cremation Society is just a phone call away 24/7. Contact the Niles office at (847) 588-2743 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474..
National Cremation Service Niles, IL - Local Hospice Visits
National Cremation Niles, IL Participates in Charity Golf Event
National Cremation Service Niles, IL - Open House
National Cremation Service, the nation’s oldest and largest provider of cremation services, hosted an open house and ribbon cutting ceremony at its Chicago/Niles location on November 19, 2015.
For more information about any of the above events, please call the Niles office at (847) 588-2743 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474.