About National Cremation Service located in Irving, TX
National Cremation Service located in Irving, TX
4835 N O'Connor Rd, Ste. 128
Irving, TX 75062
National Cremation is one of the oldest and largest providers of affordable cremation services in the nation. Our mission is to create new and innovative ways for families and individuals to tell their stories, honor people and preserve memories. We appreciate the opportunity to guide and assist families during a difficult time. Because we understand the challenges associated with the death of a loved one, we have simplified our process to allow you to make cremation arrangements that fit your needs. Choose National Cremation, and hand the responsibility for final arrangements over to us. We handle the cremation, associated paperwork, and transportation, with the utmost respect and care. Let us take care of these arrangements so you can take care of your family.
Licensed Embalmer and Funeral Director
Rey Torres was born in El Paso, TX. He graduated from the Dallas Institute of Funeral Service in February 1991 and became a Licensed Embalmer and Funeral Director in March 1992. He has served families for over 3 decades and now works for National Cremation Service in Irving, TX.
Rey is well versed in all funeral customs and traditions. He has served in different capacities in the Lions Club for 17 years in El Paso, TX, has chaired many non-profits, and volunteered in many different organizations during his funeral career.
His hobbies include a passion for cooking and baking from scratch and being challenged with a new recipe. He currently plays Rugby and has a love for people and giving back to the community in which he works and lives by volunteering and bringing out the best in everyone he meets. His motto is “never leave a place without leaving it with a kind word and a smile”.
After attending Louisiana Tech University, majoring in Computer Science and Performing Arts, Charles began his work in a myriad of industries. His titles included store manager, construction inspector, and oil & gas field engineer. However, he knew his knowledge and experience were needed elsewhere. His insatiable desire for growth lead him to National Cremation Service where he continuously provides support and assistance to numerous families.
He prides himself on putting his best foot forward every day and trying his best to accommodate anyone in need of service.
When not at his desk, he loves listening to audiobooks, playing video games, going to concerts and festivals, and spending time with his family and friends. His favorite saying is “Hakuna Matata”, which means no worries for the rest of your days.
Cremation arrangements available at time of loss (no membership required)
Our cremation services include:
- Basic services of the funeral director and staff
- Transfer of the body from place of death to our licensed climate controlled care center
- Use of positive identification system (a step by step procedure is followed when the body is transferred and the cremation is completed)
- Transfer to the crematory facility
- The actual process of cremation
- Alternative cremation container
- Delivering or mailing of cremated remains
- Filing of all necessary paperwork: Cremation Permit, Certified Death Certificates, Social Security, Veterans Burial Benefits (if applicable) and help in creating and submitting an obituary (if applicable)
Unique Urns for all types of memorialization
- In Ground Burial
- Columbarium Niche Inurnment
- Scattering Ceremonies
- Cherished Home display
Keepsake Urns and Jewelry
- Products designed to create a symbolic remembrance of your loved one. These items can hold a small portion of cremated remains, or just be a cherished keepsake. Personalized engraving options available.
For more information about our services, please contact the Irving office at (972) 893-3776 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474..
Assistance in Veterans Benefits and National Cemeteries
Veteran services include:
- Applying for the United States Flag
- Applying for the Presidential Memorial Certificate
- Applying for burial benefits
- Scheduling burial at Houston National Cemetery (For Veteran or Spouse)
For more information on planning a veteran cremation, please call the Irving office at (972) 893-3776 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474..
What do I do when a death occurs?
- A call to National Cremation (281) 855-4400 is all that is needed to start the complete process, from anywhere in the world.
- We dispatch our professionally trained and compassionate personnel to transport the deceased from place of death to our licensed climate controlled care center.
- Families are contacted as quickly as possible after a death and information is gathered to initiate and coordinate the cremation.
- Cremation permit, disposition permit and family cremation authorizations must be completed according to Texas State Law before cremation can take place. These documents are usually completed in 2-3 business days.
- Once our staff has received the necessary authorizations and documents have been properly signed, the cremation will take place
- The cremated remains will be delivered to our office and transferred into the urn or keepsakes selected by the family. The funeral director will discuss with the family a time to release the urn. If shipping or delivery is requested, allow 1- 2 additional days.
If preferred we can complete all necessary paperwork via phone or email. In certain circumstances it may be necessary to meet with the funeral director at the office or at your home, to accommodate specific wishes.
Please remember that if you haven’t found what you’re looking for in our resources section, National Cremation Society is just a phone call away 24/7. Contact the Irving office at (972) 893-3776 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474..
National Cremation Service in Irving, TX - Participates with Irving Hispanic Chamber in City Christmas Parade
For more information about any of the above events, please call the Irving office at (972) 893-3776 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474.