Online Direct Cremation Services
Our affordable plans have helped 100,000’s of Americans during one of life’s most challenging moments. We are proud to serve in Washington and to offer our families options to pre arrange with us. Washington residents can now make arrangements from the privacy of their home. Our simple 4 step process makes it easy to plan ahead. If at any point you have questions or would like to speak with one of our licensed funeral directors, just call our local office. We are here to help.
- Make arrangements on your schedule, at your convenience
- Affordable all-inclusive packages, no hidden fees
- 30 day money back guarantee
We have served families for over 40 years, we are here to serve future generations.
Take a Virtual Tour of Our Office
Use your mouse to click the arrows in the photo below to move around our office.
About National Cremation Society located in Tukwila, WA
National Cremation Society located in Tukwila, WA
672 Strander Boulevard
Tukwila, WA 98188
Fax: (425) 277-1230
National Cremation is one of the oldest and largest providers of affordable cremation services in the nation. Our mission is to create new and innovative ways for families and individuals to tell their stories, honor people and preserve memories. We appreciate the opportunity to guide and assist families during a difficult time. Because we understand the challenges associated with the death of a loved one, we have simplified our process to allow you to make cremation arrangements that fit your needs. Choose National Cremation, and hand the responsibility for final arrangements over to us. We handle the cremation, associated paperwork, and transportation, with the utmost respect and care. Let us take care of these arrangements so you can take care of your family.
National Cremation Society Tukwila covers the beautiful Pacific North West from the Canadian border down through Chehalis and from the Pacific Ocean to the Cascade Range which includes Whatcom, Skagit, Snohomish, King, Pierce, Thurston, Lewis, Clallam, Jefferson, Kitsap, Mason and Grays Harbor Counties.
- Arrangements available at time of loss
- No membership required
- Advanced planning
- Veterans assistance
- Cost effective
- Professional, compassionate and knowledgeable staff
National Cremation is your choice for a simple, affordable cremation by a trusted and experienced cremation provider. Whether you have an immediate need at the time of death or are preplanning cremation for a future need, our caring team is available right now to answer your questions.
Cheryl Luby has worked with National Cremation since 2010, and currently works as the Office Manager at the National Cremation Society Seattle/Tukwila office. She was born and raised in Washington, and comes from a very big family – six sisters and six brothers. Her nationality is Native American, and she is a proud mother of four children - three boys and a girl. When not at the office, Cheryl spends time with her children enjoying the outdoors, swimming, and watching movies. She also enjoys dancing when she has free time. Cheryl says that the aspect of her job that she loves most is helping others.
Cremation arrangements available at time of loss (no membership required)
Our cremation services include:
- Basic services of the funeral director and staff
- Transfer of the body from place of death to our licensed climate controlled care center
- Use of positive identification system (a step by step procedure is followed when the body is transferred and the cremation is completed)
- Transfer to the crematory facility
- The actual process of cremation
- Alternative cremation container
- Delivering or mailing of cremated remains
- Filing of all necessary paperwork: Cremation Permit, Certified Death Certificates, Social Security, Veterans Burial Benefits (if applicable) and help in creating and submitting an obituary (if applicable)
Unique Urns for all types of memorialization
- In Ground Burial
- Columbarium Niche Inurnment
- Scattering Ceremonies
- Cherished Home display
Keepsake Urns and Jewelry
- Products designed to create a symbolic remembrance of your loved one. These items can hold a small portion of cremated remains, or just be a cherished keepsake. Personalized engraving options available.
- Plan now to protect your loved ones later. Grant your family and dearest friends the time to grieve your loss and celebrate your life…instead of dealing with confusing choices during a painful time.
- Save your family hidden charges. Your services are all arranged and paid for upfront and the cost is guaranteed. Why pay much more later when you can lock in today’s price?
- Your pre-paid plan is protected. Your monies are placed into a state-required trust fund, held and invested for future need, in accordance with the state law. The National Cremation Society files trust fund reports with each state in which we do business.
For more information about our services, please contact the Tukwila office at (425) 277-1192 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474..
Assistance in Veterans Benefits and National Cemeteries
Veteran services include
At National Cremation Society Tukwila we take care of all the paperwork and work closely with Tahoma National Cemetery in getting the Veteran, spouse or dependent child places at the National Cemetery which is just 15 miles away from our office.
- Applying for the United States Flag
- Applying for the Presidential Memorial Certificate
- Applying for burial benefits
- Scheduling burial at Fort Snelling National Cemetery (For Veteran or Spouse)
- Scheduling military honors at Fort Snelling or a private cemetery
For more information on planning a veteran cremation, please call the Tukwila office at (425) 277-1192 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474..
What do I do when a death occurs?
- A call to National Cremation Society (425) 277-1192 is all that is needed to start the complete process, from anywhere in the world.
- We dispatch our professionally trained and compassionate personnel to transport the deceased from place of death to our licensed climate controlled care center.
- Families are contacted as quickly as possible after a death and information is gathered to initiate and coordinate the cremation.
- Cremation permit, disposition permit and family cremation authorizations must be completed according to Minnesota State Law before cremation can take place. These documents are usually completed in 2-3 business days.
- Once our staff has received the necessary authorizations and documents have been properly signed, the cremation will take place
- The cremated remains will be delivered to our office and transferred into the urn or keepsakes selected by the family. The funeral director will discuss with the family a time to release the urn. If shipping or delivery is requested, allow 1- 2 additional days.
If preferred we can complete all necessary paperwork via phone or email. In certain circumstances it may be necessary to meet with the funeral director at the office or at your home, to accommodate specific wishes.
Helpful Documents and Forms
Please remember that if you haven’t found what you’re looking for in our resources section, National Cremation Society is just a phone call away 24/7. Contact the Tukwila office at (425) 277-1192 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474..
National Cremation Tukwila, WA - Fundraiser for Vine Maple Place
In July, the National Cremation Tukwila, WA team hosted a fundraiser to raise money for Vine Maple Place, an organization to help single parents and their children fight against generational homelessness. The team raised over $1,700 for the cause. National Cremation sponsored the event, along with Fountain Court Senior Living and Aegis Living of Kent.
National Cremation Tukwila, WA - Blanket Donation for Local Hospice
National Cremation - Seattle, WA: Fire Fighter Appreciation Day
Justine White of our NCS Seattle, WA office recently delivered a gift basket to the local fire department in honor of Fire Fighter Appreciation Day.
National Cremation Tukwila, WA - Presenting Information at Edmonds Senior Center
National Cremation Society Tukwila, WA - Office Holiday Party
National Cremation Society Tukwila, WA - Toys for Tots
National Cremation Society Tukwila, WA - Kent Senior Fair
National Cremation Society Tukwila, WA - Delta Retirees Picnic
National Public Service Day
Edmunds Senior Center
Free Veterans Resource Fair
On Saturday, April 30th, 9am - 3pm, National Cremation participated in a Veterans Resource Fair at the Tacoma Dome. The event provided the Veterans community of the Puget Sound area (Pierce, King, Kitsap, and Thurston County's) with a free resources in all of the following categories: Community Services, VA Benefits, Legal Services, Homeless Services / At Risk, Educational Benefits, Medical Screenings and Dental Resources, Jobs/Apprenticeship/Training and vocational opportunities, Female Veterans Resources, Active Duty Transition Assistance, Financial Education/ Assistance, Housing and home ownership, Justice System Related, Reintegration Services, Disability Claims/ Benefits, and Widows/ Widowers Benefits.
Toys for Tots
Kent Chamber of Commerce Business Expo
For more information about any of the above events, please call the Tukwila office at (425) 277-1192 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474.