About National Cremation Service Charlotte, NC
National Cremation Service Charlotte, NC
5400 Monroe Road
Charlotte, NC 28212
National Cremation is one of the oldest and largest providers of affordable cremation services in the nation. Our mission is to create new and innovative ways for families and individuals to tell their stories, honor people and preserve memories. We appreciate the opportunity to guide and assist families during a difficult time. Because we understand the challenges associated with the death of a loved one, we have simplified our process to allow you to make cremation arrangements that fit your needs. Choose National Cremation, and hand the responsibility for final arrangements over to us. We handle the cremation, associated paperwork, and transportation, with the utmost respect and care. Let us take care of these arrangements so you can take care of your family.
- Arrangements available at time of loss
- No membership required
- Advanced planning
- Veterans assistance
- Cost effective
- Professional, compassionate and knowledgeable staff
National Cremation is your choice for a simple, affordable cremation by a trusted and experienced cremation provider. Whether you have an immediate need at the time of death or are preplanning cremation for a future need, our caring team is available right now to answer your questions.
The NCS Charlotte office has received the Accreditation Milestone Award from the Better Business Bureau of Southern Piedmont for their commitment to business ethics. The staff of National Cremation Charlotte are active members of the Lions Club International, Knights of Columbus, and Relay for Life.
Location Manager and Licensed Funeral Director
Chris Headley has been the location manager of the Charlotte Region office since 2002. He is native of Ohio, a graduate of Youngstown State University and the Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science and has been a licensed funeral director since 1979.
He and his wife Judy Ann Linville have 2 children and 5 grandchildren, and are active members of the Unionville Lions Club.
To contact one of our team members please call the Charlotte office at (704) 537-8414 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474..
Cremation arrangements available at time of loss (no membership required)
Our cremation services include:
- Basic services of the funeral director and staff
- Transfer of the body from place of death to our licensed climate controlled care center
- Use of positive identification system (a step by step procedure is followed when the body is transferred and the cremation is completed)
- Transfer to the crematory facility
- The actual process of cremation
- Alternative cremation container
- Delivering or mailing of cremated remains
- Filing of all necessary paperwork: Cremation Permit, Certified Death Certificates, Social Security, Veterans Burial Benefits (if applicable) and help in creating and submitting an obituary (if applicable)
- 1 year access to Compassion Helpline for all immediate family members
Unique Urns for all types of memorialization
- In Ground Burial
- Columbarium Niche Inurnment
- Scattering Ceremonies
- Cherished Home display
Keepsake Urns and Jewelry
- Products designed to create a symbolic remembrance of your loved one. These items can hold a small portion of cremated remains, or just be a cherished keepsake. Personalized engraving options available.
- Plan now to protect your loved ones later. Grant your family and dearest friends the time to grieve your loss and celebrate your life…instead of dealing with confusing choices during a painful time.
- Save your family hidden charges. Your services are all arranged and paid for upfront and the cost is guaranteed. Why pay much more later when you can lock in today’s price?
- Your pre-paid plan is protected. Your monies are placed into a state-required trust fund, held and invested for future need, in accordance with the state law. The National Cremation Service files trust fund reports with each state in which we do business.
For more information about our services, please contact the Charlotte office at (704) 537-8414 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474..
Assistance in Veterans Benefits and National Cemeteries
Veteran services include
- Applying for the United States Flag
- Applying for the Presidential Memorial Certificate
- Applying for burial benefits
- Scheduling burial at Fort Snelling National Cemetery (For Veteran or Spouse)
- Scheduling military honors at Fort Snelling or a private cemetery
National Cremation Service of Charlotte will work with all VA Cemeteries to ship cremated remains for burial.
For more information on planning a veteran cremation, please call the Charlotte office at (704) 537-8414 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474..
What do I do when a death occurs?
- A call to National Cremation Service (704) 537-8414 is all that is needed to start the complete process, from anywhere in the world.
- We dispatch our professionally trained and compassionate personnel to transport the deceased from place of death to our licensed climate controlled care center.
- Families are contacted as quickly as possible after a death and information is gathered to initiate and coordinate the cremation.
- Cremation permit, disposition permit and family cremation authorizations must be completed according to North Carolina State Law before cremation can take place. These documents are usually completed in 2-3 business days.
- Once our staff has received the necessary authorizations and documents have been properly signed, the cremation will take place
- The cremated remains will be delivered to our office and transferred into the urn or keepsakes selected by the family. The funeral director will discuss with the family a time to release the urn. If shipping or delivery is requested, allow 1- 2 additional days.
If preferred we can complete all necessary paperwork via phone or email. In certain circumstances it may be necessary to meet with the funeral director at the office or at your home, to accommodate specific wishes.
Helpful Documents and Forms
Please remember that if you haven’t found what you’re looking for in our resources section, National Cremation Society is just a phone call away 24/7. Contact the Charlotte office at (704) 537-8414 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474..