Online Direct Cremation Services
Our affordable plans have helped 100,000’s of Americans during one of life’s most challenging moments. We are proud to serve in Florida and to offer our families options to pre arrange with us. Florida residents can now make arrangements from the privacy of their home. Our simple 4 step process makes it easy to plan ahead. If at any point you have questions or would like to speak with one of our licensed funeral directors, just call our local office. We are here to help.
- Make arrangements on your schedule, at your convenience
- Affordable all-inclusive packages, no hidden fees
- 30 day money back guarantee
We have served families for over 40 years, we are here to serve future generations.
Take a Virtual Tour of Our Office
Use your mouse to click the arrows in the photo below to move around our office.
About National Cremation and Burial Society Hudson, FL
National Cremation and Burial Society Hudson, FL
13011 US Highway 19 North
Hudson, FL 34667
Fax: (727) 861-1812
William A. North had been a funeral director in the Tampa, Florida, area for nearly 18 years when he decided to relocate to New Port Richey, Florida. In February 1961, Mr. North opened the North Funeral Home on the corner of Lincoln and Main Street in New Port Richey. It was the first chapel of the North Funeral Homes in the upper Pinellas and Pasco counties area. Mr. North soon developed his reputation of caring for the people of his community and offering outstanding service to the families he served.
In the fall of 1963, at the request of prominent citizens, Mr. North began planning for the expansion of his business into other communities.
The West Pasco County area developed at an increasing rate. With the increase in population, Mr. North recognized the need in the community for his continued expansion.
In 1972, Mr. North opened his fourth building, the Hudson Chapel of the North Funeral homes, which included what was then the only crematory in Pasco County. In the late 1980s, the Hudson North Funeral Home was acquired by an affiliate of Service Corporation International, and ultimately became part of the Dignity Memorial® network. It was renamed Family Funeral Care, and served the community as a full service funeral facility until around 2006. At that point, the National Cremation and Burial Society facility in New Port Richey was closed, and moved to Hudson to take over the Family Funeral Care building. National Cremation and Burial Society is still part of the Dignity network of funeral homes. With over 75 years in business, it is the oldest provider of cremation services in America. National Cremation and Burial Society in Hudson is a full service funeral facility, with a beautiful chapel that accommodates up to 120 people for services or visitations. It offers prearranged cremation services for families in Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus counties.
We are proud to carry on Mr. North’s commitment to providing excellent service and building enduring relationships with the community.
National Cremation and Burial Society is a member of the Pasco Aging Network, the local CARE organization, and supports many of the Veterans Organizations in the area. We serve the Florida National Cemetery at Bushnell, as well as the Bay Pines and Sarasota National Cemeteries.
We offer affordable, yet dignified services to the families we serve.
From the Southern Counties:
- Take I-75 N to the exit for State Rd. 52.
- Make a left and stay on State Rd. 52 (approx. 16 miles) until you reach US Hwy 19.
- Turn right.
- We are 1 1/2 miles ahead on the left hand side of the road.
From the Northern Counties:
- Take I-75 S to the exit for State Rd. 52.
- Make a right and stay on State Rd. 52 (approx. 16 miles) until you reach US Hwy 19.
- Turn right.
- We are 1 1/2 miles ahead on the left hand side of the road.
Note: You can also take US Hwy 19 coming from either the north or south. We are 1 1/2 miles north of State Rd.52.
Tanya is the Location Manager at National Cremation and Burial Society in Hudson, FL. She is dually licensed as a Funeral Director and Embalmer in Florida and Michigan. She has been in the funeral industry for 12 years, working with independent firms and then joining the National Cremation Society family in 2013. Tanya enjoys spending time with her family and friends, reading, and relaxing on the beach. She considers funeral service a very rewarding and fulfilling career.
Funeral Director & Emblamer
Drew originates from a small community located in rural Southeastern Minnesota. He graduated from Worsham College of Mortuary Science in 2010. Drew served families for 7 years before joining National Cremation & Burial Society in 2016. He holds a Funeral Director and Embalmers license in both Florida and Minnesota. During his spare time he enjoys frequenting local golf courses and taking in the beautiful surroundings of the Bay area.
Wendy is married with 3 children who keep her on her toes. She has worked for National Cremation & Burial Society for over 6 years in the position of Details Clerk. In her spare time she enjoys attending the various sport activities her children are a part of, reading, and watching reality TV. She has worked in some form of customer service since she entered the workforce at the age of 16, so assisting families is something she really enjoys doing.
Cremation arrangements available at time of loss (no membership required)
Our cremation services include:
- Basic services of the funeral director and staff
- Transfer of the body from place of death to our licensed climate controlled care center
- Use of positive identification system (a step by step procedure is followed when the body is transferred and the cremation is completed)
- Transfer to the crematory facility
- The actual process of cremation
- Alternative cremation container
- Delivering or mailing of cremated remains
- Filing of all necessary paperwork: Cremation Permit, Certified Death Certificates, Social Security, Veterans Burial Benefits (if applicable) and help in creating and submitting an obituary (if applicable)
- 1 year access to Compassion Helpline for all immediate family members
Unique Urns for all types of memorialization
- In Ground Burial
- Columbarium Niche Inurnment
- Scattering Ceremonies
- Cherished Home display
Keepsake Urns and Jewelry
- Products designed to create a symbolic remembrance of your loved one. These items can hold a small portion of cremated remains, or just be a cherished keepsake. Personalized engraving options available.
- Plan now to protect your loved ones later. Grant your family and dearest friends the time to grieve your loss and celebrate your life…instead of dealing with confusing choices during a painful time.
- Save your family hidden charges. Your services are all arranged and paid for upfront and the cost is guaranteed. Why pay much more later when you can lock in today’s price?
- Your pre-paid plan is protected. Your monies are placed into a state-required trust fund, held and invested for future need, in accordance with the state law. The National Cremation Society files trust fund reports with each state in which we do business.
For more information about our services, please contact the Hudson office at (727) 847-4745 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474..
Assistance in Veterans Benefits and National Cemeteries
Veteran services include
- Applying for the United States Flag
- Applying for the Presidential Memorial Certificate
- Applying for burial benefits
- Scheduling burial at a national cemetery (For Veteran or Spouse)
- Scheduling military honors at a national or private cemetery
For more information on planning a veteran cremation, please call the Hudson office at (727) 847-4745 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474..
What do I do when a death occurs?
- A call to National Cremation and Burial Society (727) 847-4745 is all that is needed to start the complete process, from anywhere in the world.
- We dispatch our professionally trained and compassionate personnel to transport the deceased from place of death to our licensed climate controlled care center.
- Families are contacted as quickly as possible after a death and information is gathered to initiate and coordinate the cremation.
- Cremation permit, disposition permit and family cremation authorizations must be completed according to Florida State Law before cremation can take place. These documents are usually completed in 2-3 business days.
- Once our staff has received the necessary authorizations and documents have been properly signed, the cremation will take place
- The cremated remains will be delivered to our office and transferred into the urn or keepsakes selected by the family. The funeral director will discuss with the family a time to release the urn. If shipping or delivery is requested, allow 1- 2 additional days.
If preferred we can complete all necessary paperwork via phone or email. In certain circumstances it may be necessary to meet with the funeral director at the office or at your home, to accommodate specific wishes.
Helpful Documents and Forms
Please remember that if you haven’t found what you’re looking for in our resources section, National Cremation Society is just a phone call away 24/7. Contact the Hudson office at (727) 847-4745 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474..