Online Direct Cremation Services
Our affordable plans have helped 100,000’s of Americans during one of life’s most challenging moments. We are proud to serve in Florida and to offer our families options to pre arrange with us. Florida residents can now make arrangements from the privacy of their home. Our simple 4 step process makes it easy to plan ahead. If at any point you have questions or would like to speak with one of our licensed funeral directors, just call our local office. We are here to help.
- Make arrangements on your schedule, at your convenience
- Affordable all-inclusive packages, no hidden fees
- 30 day money back guarantee
We have served families for over 40 years, we are here to serve future generations.
Take a Virtual Tour of Our Office
Use your mouse to click the arrows in the photo below to move around our office.
About National Cremation Society The Villages , FL
National Cremation Society The Villages , FL
320 Heald Way
The Villages , FL 32163
Fax: (352) 728-2230
National Cremation is one of the oldest and largest providers of affordable cremation services in the nation. Our mission is to create new and innovative ways for families and individuals to tell their stories, honor people and preserve memories. We appreciate the opportunity to guide and assist families during a difficult time. Because we understand the challenges associated with the death of a loved one, we have simplified our process to allow you to make cremation arrangements that fit your needs. Choose National Cremation, and hand the responsibility for final arrangements over to us. We handle the cremation, associated paperwork, and transportation, with the utmost respect and care. Let us take care of these arrangements so you can take care of your family.
National Cremation Society The Villages is now serving the five surrounding counties: Lake, Marion, Sumter, Alachua, Citrus, Levy.
- Arrangements available at time of loss
- No membership required
- Advanced planning
- Veterans assistance
- Cost effective
- Professional, compassionate and knowledgeable staff
National Cremation is your choice for a simple, affordable cremation by a trusted and experienced cremation provider. Whether you have an immediate need at the time of death or are preplanning cremation for a future need, our caring team is available right now to answer your questions.
Lori Burt Banes
Lori is a licensed Funeral Director and Embalmer dually licensed in both Florida and Mississippi. As a graduate of Southwestern Assemblies of God University in Dallas, TX, Lori holds a BA in Theology, and an AAS in Mortuary Science. Lori transferred from Lakewood Funeral Home in her home state of Mississippi in 2017. Lori and her daughter Tanner reside in Wellington; and are excited to be living in beautiful South Florida.
Chelsea Gilbert has been with Neptune Society since 2016 and is enjoying every minute with her team. She lives in Ocala, FL where she was born and raised. She has a one year old daughter named Kinlynn Skye. When not working, she enjoys spending time with her daughter and family and being on the water.
To contact one of our team members please call the The Villages office at (352) 728-0093 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474..
Cremation arrangements available at time of loss (no membership required)
Our cremation services include:
- Basic services of the funeral director and staff
- Transfer of the body from place of death to our licensed climate controlled care center
- Use of positive identification system (a step by step procedure is followed when the body is transferred and the cremation is completed)
- Transfer to the crematory facility
- The actual process of cremation
- Alternative cremation container
- Delivering or mailing of cremated remains
- Filing of all necessary paperwork: Cremation Permit, Certified Death Certificates, Social Security, Veterans Burial Benefits (if applicable) and help in creating and submitting an obituary (if applicable)
- 1 year access to Compassion Helpline for all immediate family members
Unique Urns for all types of memorialization
- In Ground Burial
- Columbarium Niche Inurnment
- Scattering Ceremonies
- Cherished Home display
Keepsake Urns and Jewelry
- Products designed to create a symbolic remembrance of your loved one. These items can hold a small portion of cremated remains, or just be a cherished keepsake. Personalized engraving options available.
- Plan now to protect your loved ones later. Grant your family and dearest friends the time to grieve your loss and celebrate your life…instead of dealing with confusing choices during a painful time.
- Save your family hidden charges. Your services are all arranged and paid for upfront and the cost is guaranteed. Why pay much more later when you can lock in today’s price?
- Your pre-paid plan is protected. Your monies are placed into a state-required trust fund, held and invested for future need, in accordance with the state law. The National Cremation Society files trust fund reports with each state in which we do business.
For more information about our services, please contact the The Villages office at (352) 728-0093 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474..
Assistance in Veterans Benefits and National Cemeteries
Veteran services include
- Applying for the United States Flag
- Applying for the Presidential Memorial Certificate
- Applying for burial benefits
For more information on planning a veteran cremation, please call the The Villages office at (352) 728-0093 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474..
What do I do when a death occurs?
- A call to National Cremation Society (352) 728-0093 is all that is needed to start the complete process, from anywhere in the world.
- We dispatch our professionally trained and compassionate personnel to transport the deceased from place of death to our licensed climate controlled care center.
- Families are contacted as quickly as possible after a death and information is gathered to initiate and coordinate the cremation.
- Cremation permit, disposition permit and family cremation authorizations must be completed according to Florida State Law before cremation can take place. These documents are usually completed in 2-3 business days.
- Once our staff has received the necessary authorizations and documents have been properly signed, the cremation will take place
- The cremated remains will be delivered to our office and transferred into the urn or keepsakes selected by the family. The funeral director will discuss with the family a time to release the urn. If shipping or delivery is requested, allow 1- 2 additional days.
If preferred we can complete all necessary paperwork via phone or email. In certain circumstances it may be necessary to meet with the funeral director at the office or at your home, to accommodate specific wishes.
Helpful Documents and Forms
Please remember that if you haven’t found what you’re looking for in our resources section, National Cremation Society is just a phone call away 24/7. Contact the The Villages office at (352) 728-0093 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474..
National Cremation The Villages, FL - Works with Salvation Army to Send Christmas Gifts to Underprivileged Children
National Cremation The Villages, FL - Congratulations to Lori Banes on 5 Years of Service!
National Cremation Fruitland Park, FL - Leesburg Chamber of Commerce 2016 “Taking Care of Business” Expo
National Cremation Society Fruitland Park, FL - Holiday Donations for Local Care Centers
National Cremation Society Fruitland Park, FL - Cornerstone Hospice Lunch and Learn
National Cremation Donates to Brookdale of Leesburg’s Family Bingo Event
On August 10, 2016 National Cremation Fruitland Park donated Bingo Chips, Cookies, Water, and prize baskets for Brookdale of Leesburg’s Family Bingo event. They brought the Assisted Living and Memory Care Units together and invited their families to join.
National Cremation Society Fruitland Park, FL – Local Senior Care Facility and Hospice Visits
Blackston Financial’s August Roundtable: “Why choose cremation?”
Each month Blackston Financial has a Retirement Roundtable event where they invite their clients to hear about a variety of services that will help them with their financial future. National Cremation Fruitland Park was invited to participate in Blackston Financial’s August Roundtable titled "Why Choose Cremation?". Tom Trizna, one of our pre-planning counselors, and Sara McGovern, Service Manager, attended the event yesterday. It was a great turn out, approximately 20 people attended. Tom and Sara educated their clients on cremation in general as well as what we do here at National Cremation. The office provided food, drinks, a folder full of helpful information, and coffee mug takeaways.
Leesburg Regional Medical Center Foundation’s Golf Classic
Takes place September 9, 2016 at Mission Inn Resort and Club to benefit Prostate and Ovarian Cancer Fighters and Survivors.
VFW Veterans Village 1st Annual American Hero's Health Fair
National Cremation Donates “Summer” Gift Basket to Lady Lake American Legion
Michelle and Sara of National Cremation Society, Fruitland Park, FL delivered a “Summer” themed basket to Blackston Financial Group to be used in their Annual Honor Flight Celebration Raffle which will be held Saturday May 21, 2016 at the Lady Lake American Legion.
National Cremation Society Visits Local Police Departments in Honor of National Police Week
Sarah Gleaves of National Cremation Society delivered warm wishes and goodies to the local Ocala Police Department in honor of Law Enforcement Appreciation Week.
2016 The Villages/Lady Lake Relay for Life Event
This is National Cremation Society of Fruitland Park, FL’s 2nd year in a row participating in The Villages/Lady Lake Relay for Life Event. This year, Sara McGovern served as part of the event leadership team which planned the event. The team consisted of Sara, Sahar Gleaves (arrangement counselor), Michelle Gessner (service support), Tom Trizna (independent sales representative), Jeremy Rock (Sara’s husband), Tom and Janis Mc Govern (Sara’s parents), and Layne and Lilly McGovern (Sara’s niece and nephew). This year, our prearrangement team was also involved in our fundraising efforts.
Many of the National Cremation Society team members have a personal connection to the Relay for Life. Tom’s mother, Millie who has also been with National Cremation Society for many years, has been diagnosed and is currently battling cancer. Sahar lost her father to cancer as well. Sara said “It feels good to participate in something that is personal to us all.”
This year’s event theme was Mardi Gras so instead of carrying a team banner, the office was asked to get creative and make a Team Mardi Gras Mask. Sara’s vision was to incorporate the National Cremation logo into their mask, and her husband was pivotal in making that vision come to life. For the event fundraiser the office chose to sell water in a “Water Wagon” that was decorated like a Mardi Gras float. The team also chose to sponsor the “Balloons to Heaven” balloon release where balloons were sold as a second fundraiser. “This event always has the biggest impact on me,” Sara said. She was asked to announce the balloon release ceremony and say a few words.
“Cancer has affected so many of us and I’m honored to be here to help support this event. I RELAY for my aunt Mary, who passed away almost 2 years ago from lung cancer,” Sara said. “As you let go of these balloons with the messages to those you who have passed, know that they are with you today as they always are.”
This year the office raised even more money than last year and is committed to the Leadership Team for 2017.
Eye Run 5K/10K for New Vision
National Cremation Society of Fruitland Park, FL will participate in the 2016 Eye Run is a 5k run/walk, 10k run, and 1/2 mile blindfolded sensory walk proudly sponsored by Lake Eye Associates - all to benefit New Vision for Independence.
National Cremation Joins the Fight Against Cancer At Relay for Life
National Cremation Society’s Fruitland Park office joined the fight against cancer with other members of the community during Relay For Life 2015.
For more information about any of the above events, please call the The Villages office at (352) 728-0093 or fill out the contact form on this page. To reach another local National Cremation office, call (855) 469-9474.